Session 2:
In today’s class the debates went down. I found the first debate unconvincing as they needed more eye contact, felt like they were reading too much off the paper, wasn't communicating to the crowd as well as it could have been. The points that were made were really good though, they just weren’t communicated to the level that they should have been.
So I talked to Mikaela one of the speakers from our group and advised that we moves around and keeps eye contact to keep the audience’s attention. Our team won the debate!! A great way to start the class.
After the debates we were given more information on the choices we had for out topics. Public schools vs private schools, changing the flag vs not changing the flag. We touched on rhetoric devices, tangible and intangible ideas, signs, symbols and themes for the topics.
When I came to New Zealand, i was accepted, and felt like a part of new zealand, so that is what the flags represents to me. I decided to focus on not changing the flag because this is something I can personally touch on.
No comments:
Post a Comment