Monday, 13 July 2015

WEEK 1: Session 1

Session 1:

Today’s class we took a look at the brief focusing on Ihi and Wehi which are the maori terms for the next 6 weeks. We took a look at rhetoric devices, the were examples shown to us, this gave me a better idea of how these devices are used. We got into groups and were assigned a set of images. Followed by a discussion. We talked about the sets of images to gain a better understanding of how rhetoric devices work. The group that I was put in for debate the next day was against changing the flag. 


After class I continued thinking about the debate and thinking of ways that we could make our debate relatable and smart. I came up with an idea to draw a flag then rip it in half and the end concluding with a sentence like “is this what you want?”. I will find out tomorrow if the group likes the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment